Visitation for Child and Adolescent Unit
Outgoing calls can be made via the patient phones daily between 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Although phone times have been structured around therapeutic activities, we understand there may be times that necessitate calling throughout the day. The nursing staff will accommodate your needs to the best of their abilities while maintaining a safe environment for your loved one. Please note, phone usage is not restricted in any way in case of an emergency.
Visiting hours are limited to immediate family only (mother, father, siblings (12 & older), and grandparents). Any other visitors must have pre-authorization and a doctor’s order must be written.
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m., **Family Education Group, 5:45 p.m. 6:15 p.m.
Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Family members are invited to eat lunch with their children.
Holiday Visiting Schedule
General Holiday (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day)
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Major Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas) – Please call the nurses’ station for specific times.
Visiting hours are intended to be therapeutic for all patients. Visiting privileges may be restricted in the patient’s best interest, and visitors who are disruptive may be asked to leave at the discretion of the staff. If it is not possible for your family members or a significant person to visit during the above times, other arrangements can be discussed with the charge nurse who must obtain a written order from the physician. All visitors must “sign in” in the visitor’s log located at the front desk. You must also “sign out” upon leaving the facility. This is a State License Requirement.
Food and beverage is not permitted during visiting hours or on either Unit. The Dietary Department provides patients with nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks. Adult patients have access to the vending machine and are permitted to have up to $20 on the unit.
For safety reasons, we require the following:
- TWO (2) or less visitors per patient at a time.
- Children under the age of TWELVE (12) may not visit and must have adult supervision in the lobby.
- Visiting hours for the Children & Adolescent are limited to immediate family only (Mother, Father, siblings (12 & older), and grandparents). Any other visitors must have pre-authorization and a doctor’s order must be written.
- Visitors are asked to sign in and leave their coats in the lobby of the hospital. Handbags or other packages should not be brought onto the Units, visitors should lock them in their vehicles. Clarion Psychiatric Center is not responsible for lost or stolen articles left in the lobby.
- For the patient’s safety, certain items are NOT allowed on the units. Items will be sent home when possible or stored until discharge.
Items not permitted include:
• Cords, strings, scarves, belts
• Shoe laces
• Revealing clothing / Tank Tops
• Boots to include: work / steel-toe / cowboy / hiking
• High Heeled shoes
• Bandanas/ 000 Rags
• Lighters / matches
• Aerosol products
• Products containing alcohol
• Purses, backpacks, gym bags, plastic bags, etc
• Opened tobacco products (cigarettes, loose tobacco, snuff)
• Items made of glass or ceramic
• Metal objects (scissors, knives, nail clippers, etc.)
• Jewelry (except for wedding bands)
• Paracord and/or cord jewelry
• Cell phones/ cameras/ personal computers/ radio / MP3 players/ electronics of any kind
• Outside food or drink
• Spiral notebooks /staples/ paper clips, pencils, colored pencil
• Cans / glass bottles
• Nylons/ tights/leggings
• Pump bottles
• Adults: Makeup in a clear bag can be used with staff supervision
• Liquid products (shampoo, conditioner, hand sanitizer, nail polish, body wash)
Additional Child and Adolescent Unit restrictions include:
- Tobacco Products
Please contact nursing staff regarding items not listed.
7. Drugs or medications of any kind are not permitted. If you have a question, please ask the Charge Nurse.
8. Our building is a smoke-free building; therefore, patients and visitors will not be permitted to smoke in the building. Adult patients 18 and older will be permitted to smoke in the courtyard at designated times.
All patients must check in with a Business Office representative before discharge.
Download and print a copy of these hours and guidelines.