Child and Adolescent Program
Children and adolescents experience many physical and emotional changes. But for some, life becomes overwhelming due to underlying depression, family conflicts or reaction to stress, trauma or abuse. We assist children and adolescents in developing effective coping skills and building self-esteem to be able to return home and back to school. Children and Adolescents are treated in designated services; children as well as adolescent male and females are on secure units and are separated from the adults at all times. Our facility includes a separate education wing for school, new play yard and full service gymnasium.
OUR treatment program includes:
- Psychiatric Evaluation by a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Psycho-educational Groups (medication education, illness education, anger management, coping skills, ect.)
- Psychosocial Assessment
- Nursing Assessment
- History and Physical
- Dietary Consults
- Individual/Family/Group Therapy
- Family Education Group held weekly to provide support and enhance treatment
- Academic Instruction and Education Assessment
- Continuing Care Planning
Often, children and adolescents require adjunctive therapies or other modalities to most effectively communicate and express themselves. Our Allied Therapy Program provides the patient with optional avenues for expression and fosters group interaction. Recreation, Art, Movement, Music and Play Therapy are offered seven days a week for patients.